Oct 6, 2010

They saved my life.




- Neutrogena Fresh foaming cleanser
It removes ALL the makeup gently without hurting my skin such as wiping cloth.

- Clinique Liquid facial soap mild
I put this on Clarisonic Mia brush and massage my face for two minutes. It lathers well.

- Clarisonic Mia
You will be surprised how much foundation left on your face with this brush.

- St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish (Blemish & Blackhead clearing)
I use it once a week to exfoliate my skin. My skin feels so smooth and soft after.

- Clinique Clarifying lotion #3
Does not dry out my skin like some people say. It keeps my face feel clean.

- Clinique Dramatically different gel
I love it. It does not make my skin oily. Yet it is moisturizing.

- Olay SPF30 defense protection
My skin is pretty fair (NC20) so I need this to prevent from having freckles.

- Garnier Skin Renew anti-fatigue eye cream
No more dark eye circles since I started using this. I love the price (around $13) and accessibility (drugstore).

- L'oreal Lash serum
I have typical asian eye lashes. Short, straight, little... but this serum made my lashes grow faster for sure.

- Super wide hairbands from Muji in Japan
I make sure to tie my hair and wear this thick hairband (they made of stretchable towel material) whenever I take care of my skin. I hate not being able to wash my face thoroughly because of the hair all of my face.



I had always had bad skin. I constantly had big pimples all over my face and everyone used to tell me "oh don't worry, they will disappear when you get older". So I hoped everyday that one day these nasty pimples will be gone.

But people were wrong. I turned 30 and still had pimples on my face. Forehead, both sides of cheeks, chin... sometimes even on my ears (wth). I was sick and tired of hiding them with the foundation & concealer. I was also tired of trying acne products from the drugstore and getting disappointed because nothing worked on me. I started taking birth control pills because my friends told me they should work on acne. But they did not. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me to differen and benzaclin. Unfortunately, they made my face look worse with red spots and peeled skin. I hated to look at myself on the mirror. I looked ugly and miserable during the time.

I really wanted to do something about it. Even though I found the best coverage foundation and concealer to hide my pimples, pimples were still noticeable. I knew I had to change my skin care routine and get rid of acne before considering which eyeshadow/lipsticks/blushes/highlighter I should buy.

So I researched a lot and found out that I probably did not remove makeup properly at the end of the day and that might have caused my skin to break out. By using proper makeup remover and Clarisonic Mia, I was able to remove heavy liquid foundation. Also, I decided to give Clinique (3 step skin care system) a try.

Now I haven't had pimples for looooong time. My horrible acne history has finally ended. I use less foundation on my face. I am so glad that I discovered what was causing me to break out and which products to use on a daily basis.

Arigatou Clinique and Clarisonic, you guys saved my life.

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome ;) We are so glad that you have been able to incorporate the Clarisonic into your skin care routine. If you ever have product questions or concerns we are here to help. Find us on Twitter @Clarisonic or facebook.com/Clarisonic. We'd love to hear from you. Happy Cleansing - thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete